Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Perks Of Being The CEO

I know that there are some truly wonderful blessings of being a stay-at-home Mama, but this morning I thought of some very shallow reasons why it's fun not having a 9-5:
  • Ryan Reynolds was on Sesame Street this morning. That right there is enough reason to watch TV with your toddler. Pure genius.
  • There's a full bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge that Mel made last night, and no other adults to compete with for another eight hours. Score!
  • I can read a re-cap of the entire last season of The Good Wife online just because I feel like it. Okay, so I may have done this at one of my previous jobs, too, but let's not talk about it.
  • I get to walk around the house all day in a t-shirt and underwear. Which I only say on here because 99% of my readers are my mother-in-law, Janna, and Whitney, and I know for a fact that at least one of those women never wear clothes either (cough...Whitney...cough). Seriously, don't stop by my house in the middle of the day; I guarantee that you will either see me in my skivvies or wait outside an ungodly amount of time while I scramble to find clean pants.
  • And speaking of clothes, I can wear the same outfit two days in a row and no one notices. If I think it's cute or just super-comfy, I can totally keep it going. Love!
  • I get to pick my daughter up from preschool at lunchtime and hear her yell, "MAMA!!!!" at the top of her lungs. She does it everytime; it's like she's a puppy - she's always happy to see you!
  • If I was at work, I wouldn't get to see Bella study her stuffed horse's bottom and say, "Hmm. Mama, I think my horse is a girl." I swear I haven't taught her about anatomy. Maybe I should start wearing clothes more often...

No comments: