Sunday, October 21, 2012

2nd Annual Pumpkin Carving Party

Can I just say again how much I love this time of year? As soon as September begins, the air gets a little cooler, there are fall parties, pumpkin patches, apple orchards, trick-or-treat, and costumes. (Oh, and Steve's birthday!)

Saturday night was our pumpkin party, and it was a great success! We had about 15 kids and 12 adults - it was a big crowd! Moms and dads carved pumpkins, and the kids painted their pumpkins or played on the swings.We all just hung out in the backyard or around the fire pit...it was just what we wanted - a fun, relaxing night with friends.


We used Bella and Evelyn's pumpkins to welcome everyone! They were a big hit!


I made little ghosts out of a cut up pillow case and leftover googly eyes from the girls' pumpkins. I just wrapped squares of fabric around grapevine globe lights I had and it ended up really cute!


Yep, two pictures of the ghosts. I was really proud of them!


Painting pumpkins! Mel and I got in on the fun and painted pumpkins, too!


The kids had a great time and they were so creative with their pumpkins!


Steve and Evelyn watching the fun.


Roasting marshmallows.


One of our friends, Kevin, fixed our swing, so Bella got a ride from Lindsey!


I never got a picture of their finished products, but Kevin and Abby rocked the pumpkin carving! They definitely earned the prize at the end of the night! Kevin carved a Spiderman face and Abby carved the spider insignia...very impressive! And sadly, this is also the only picture I got of the two of them working on the pumpkins. (I really need to step up my picture-taking skills!)


Mel getting some quality time in with Bella and Evelyn.

We ended the night tired and happy! Bella had a few (okay, like 6) meltdowns over sharing her swing with a bunch of other kids, but she's getting the sharing thing down little by little!

The white chili was a big hit, and Mel made the yummiest dips! P.S. I was so thankful at the end of the night that I listened to Mel and used disposable serving dishes! We got the whole place cleaned up with only one load in the dishwasher!


No comments: