Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Little Things About The Little Humans

I thought I'd write down a couple of little things that are happening with the girls right now...

The Squirt

Evelyn is sleeping on her stomach now. As soon as you lay her down, she flips over to her tummy and fusses a little before falling asleep like that.

Even though the pediatrician said she would probably roll from her tummy to her back first, she's actually only done this a couple of times. She's still getting the hang of pushing hard enough and swinging her legs back over.

I thought I was so set on calling her Evie, but I definitely find myself calling her Evelyn much more. I just realized how much I like her whole name. Steve still prefers Evie, though.

She's learning that she has an opinion! If Evs is playing with a toy and then she drops it or you take it away, she will look right at you and start fussing. As soon as the toy is back in her hand, she smiles up at you really big!

Evelyn's still very hit-or-miss with her sleeping at night, but we're doing our best to stay consistent and only get up with her every 3 hours to nurse. When she goes to her 6 month check-up at the end of October, I'll ask her pediatrician about skipping one of her nightly feedings.


The Kumquat

I love seeing how Bella's mind is learning and developing! She's been able to count to 17 for awhile, but now she's learning to recognize them on sight. And how random is it that she can count to 17?

Ms. Cheryl and Ms. Ernestine taught her to use her fingers to count to 10. I love seeing her point to each one of her fingers as she says the number out loud.

I love the conversations we have in the car. Honestly, sometimes it drives me crazy how constant - I mean, constant - her thought process and mouth are! (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree on that one!) But she also cracks me up...it's like listening to a little schizophrenic!

We're taking a family trip to Chattanooga for Steve's birthday at the end of the month to see the aquarium; we're so excited to experience that with Bella! As demanding as this stage can be with her, it's also hilarious ans fascinating! She is able to think through things and remember what she's learning!

Bella's favorites: she still loves fries and Coke (my bad), but she's learning to eat peas and couscous, too! She likes watching A Bug's Life and Peter Pan, and for the last month or so, her favorite Disney princess movies are Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast.

She loves books and animals! Her favorites are horses and giraffes, but she's currently sleeping with a menagerie that includes a monkey, a kangaroo, and an anteater. Love this kid!


No comments: