Saturday, October 13, 2012

Photo Drama

My confession: I love family pictures. Whenever I see pictures online that my friends took with their families and beautiful children, I think, "we should do that!" I don't always think ahead to schedule an actual photographer, but thankfully, Mel is always more than willing to step in and handle the camera.

Now the reality check: picture time with Bella is miserable. I mean, down-right punch a wall, pull your hair out, want to beat her miserable. I think it's the issue of control: I can dress her in whatever cute outfit I want, but we can't make her smile. And she knows it.Threatening doesn't work (and we did this a lot!), offering rewards doesn't work (yes, tried this, too.) - if she doesn't want to smile, it's not going to happen. I say this only to offer the real-life version of the pictures you're about to see.

Mel took over 80 pictures, and I think Bella smiled in 2 of them. No lie; she actually looks semi-pleasant in maybe 10 of them. I can't tell you how many I deleted because she refused to look at the camera or was just straight-up crying because we were all getting frustrated at her. These are beautiful family memories we're making. I know this is just a stage and one day, it won't be so stressful, but today was not one of those days. I'm so thankful that we got about 10 pictures that turned out really well! Here are our favorites...I edited them to black and white, because that's how I'm going to get them developed, but I honestly loved the full color version, too!






P.S. I totally stole this idea from my friend, Emily. Isn't it cute? I love all of our feet together, and I love having the girls' feet bare. 




There's the reality we've been talking about! 


So there you have it! We got some adorable pictures that I can't wait to frame, and it took all of the adults the rest of the day to recover.

No comments: