Saturday, December 20, 2014

Programs And Parties

This past week has been filled with fun things that the girls were doing with their classes, and Steve even got to be in on some of the fun!
 
First up was Bella's last year doing Breakfast at Bethlehem. I was supposed to go with her this year, but at the last-minute, we decided to take Henry into the pediatrician's office for acid reflux, so Daddy got to do it again. She loves this event every year because of all the animals!
 
 
You can see why we call her Little Miss Sunshine...where's my emoji with an eyebrow raised?


The moment that animals came out, she was gone. Uncle Matt played Joseph and all of the men in our church's choir dress up like angels to sing. It's a pretty cool show!
 

Henry, Evelyn, and I got done at the doctor's early, so we snuck in the back to see the singing and the animals.
 
 
All of the kids get a chance to go up and pet the animals once the show is over. How in the world this rooster (rooster? chicken? I have NO idea.) didn't either die or peck some kid's eye out, I have no idea.

 
Next up was Bella's Christmas program! She sang the songs, did the motions, and didn't mess with her zipper at all! Winning! My favorite was Go, Tell It On The Mountain, and the girls are still singing it around the house.

 
After the program, everyone went to a "cookies and milk" reception. How cute is that?

 
She agreed to pose for a picture as long as she could show her half-chewed cookie.

 
Evelyn loved watching Bella on stage, and afterwards, she got to sit next to Bella's best friend, Kate. Evelyn loves Kate almost as much as Bella does!
 
Next came Evelyn's program, and she was a riot! She stood front-and-center for the entire production and spent half the time, calling out and waving to Bella.




I don't know what happened to my camera, but the stage lights made the camera's lighting really funky. I just want to show how much she moved around...
 


I'm praying this video works! It's long, but it's so funny!
 
The best memory that I have to record: halfway through Evelyn's program, she tried to hug her little friend, Jack. Well, Jack didn't want to be hugged, so her tried to brush her off and Evelyn starts fighting for the chance to hug him! Poor Jack just wanted to be left alone, and Evelyn would not stop trying to smother him...right in the middle of one of the songs, and very much right in the front of everyone!
 
As Evelyn was trying to hug Jack, two other little classmates came up and tried to hug her. I'm pretty sure she somehow misconstrued this as an attempt at a gang initiation, because she. threw. down. I gave up trying to film, because I was laughing so hard that my camera was shaking. She was in the middle of these two other kids, and they all just kept shoving each other. Evelyn would turn to one kid and shove him, and then turn around to the other little girl, and push her, too. It was hilarious! Jack's parents and Steve and I got a huge kick out of watching all the two-year olds go to town!

 
And FINALLY...Evelyn's class party was on Thursday! Henry and I stopped by to join in the fun. He slept through the whole thing, so I got to enjoy it with the Squirt!

 
Playing "Pin the Nose on Rudolph"


This is Miss Betty, one of Evelyn's teachers. We loooooove Miss Betty. The woman is like the Holy Spirit and a cupcake, rolled into one package. She's fabulous!










No comments: