Monday, December 15, 2014

Hello There, Real Clothes!

I wore pants today that had a button. For the first time in, like, a year. I can't say it was a pleasant experience, but I was a little proud that I managed to get them on! At my 6-week OBGYN visit last Friday, I got on the scale and was pumped to see 159. I lost 20 pounds! I'm going to skip over the part about birthing a human and all of that water weight, and just focus on being 20 pounds lighter!

On the plus side, having Little Man permanently attached to my nipples seems to be helping lose some of my baby weight. On the downside, I'm still 30 pounds heavier than before I got pregnant with Bella. And let's face it, a LOT would have to happen for me to suddenly have the motivation to ever see 130 again. I have consistently gained 10 pounds with each child, and each time, those 10 pounds don't seem to come off. Granted, I don't work out and I'm not on a diet, so it's not like I'm expecting them to come off; I'm just saying, it'd be nice.

I may never see 130 again, but I'd love to see 140 or 145 again. Which probably means that after Christmas, I'm going to actually have to follow through on the cliched resolution to lose weight. It also means I'm going lot have to get back on the bandwagon of only eating real food. I don't really mind that part, but I'm going to miss the French fries...

In the meantime, the current trend of leggings and loose tops is working really well for me!

No comments: