Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas In Ohio

We're in Ohio this week to see Steve's family, so New Year's Day will actually be our Christmas #2. Even though he's still sick, Steve and I were able to do some quick errands this morning and then we all headed to the assisted living facility where both of Steve's grandmas live to take our large, family picture. There are 20 of us this year!

We had our big "Christmas" dinner this afternoon, which was delicious. I was basically waiting the entire time just to eat apple pie. (Can you still have cravings, even when you're not pregnant?) This afternoon has mostly been spent shuffling between feeding Henry or holding Bella, since she's still running a fever.

A few glimpses of our week...


Bella lasted about four minutes in my lap before she looked like this. 


Thankfully, we have a whole lot of extra grown-ups this week to grab a baby when needed! 


Once dinner started, everyone perked up a little except for Bella. She slept a LOT today, so I'm hoping the fever breaks tomorrow for Christmas!
 
We only get to see the whole Wires gang a few times a year, and it's always such a great time with our nieces, nephews, and the Grandmas!


Playing Farkle with the grandmas, Stacey, Maddie, and Kaylie.


Our nieces and nephews are a genuine blast to be around, and I'm always thankful when we get to spend time with them! They are full-blown teenagers now and it's hard to believe that some of they were toddlers when I joined this family!


 
Steve brought along his guns this week, so we could get some practice in. Whenever we practice shooing, I've stopped trying to line up the sites perfectly and all of that; I figure I have to be a good shot at whatever the length of our hallway is, so I usually pick the gun up and try to see how accurate I can be when I'm firing as quickly as possible. I'm definitely not a natural, but I think I could defend our home if the need arose!
 
 
And there's just something smokin' hot about a man and a shotgun.
(I think I may need to go to therapy.)
 
 
Okay, moving on...
 
Here we are in our annual family photo! Bella was so sick in this picture; I felt so bad for her! Usually I'm scolding her during pictures to just smile like normal, but on this day, I was just telling her over and over that we'd be done soon!
 


 We postponed taking any pictures of just our family since Bella was so sick, and since we had already taken pictures for our Christmas card, the pressure was off to be perfect!

 
Good times!

We've had a wonderful time with out Ohio family this week, and I'm so thankful we get to be with them for the holidays!
 

No comments: