Sunday, August 3, 2014

Swim Lessons

Swim lessons have gone on for the last two weeks around here, and we've seen a huge improvement! I was going to sign Bella up for lessons at the YMCA, but at the last minute, I called my friend, Emily, and asked her where she took Ally. Ally had been taught by one of the ladies at our church , Miss Linda, and Emily loved her! I called Linda and begged her to teach Bella.
 
Bella is not our natural daredevil and she gets spooked quickly, so I've been secretly dreading swim lessons, but Linda did great with her. She was a great mix between getting on Bella's level and pushing her to try new things.
 
 
Holding her breath underwater


Learning how to float...
 

Swimming to Miss Linda (and even underwater!)
 

Getting the whole "rhythmic kicking" thing down.

 
Learning to be brave without a grown-up right next to her!
 
I was so impressed with how much she improved in only a handful of lessons! Bella loves the water and she loves being "brave", but sometimes actually pulling it off can be rough! Steve and I both got to see her at swim lessons, which I was happy about, too!


Little Squirt during Bella's lessons. I got her this new floatie that goes around her entire body, and it rocks my world! It supports her in the water and pretty much lets her bob there. She loves it and so do I! It was so fun to watch her float and kick around by herself!






No comments: