Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What Up, Third Trimester.

We are officially seven months today! I'm excited to be that far along, and also pretty certain the doctors got my due date wrong! (If only, right?) I know this is normal after multiple pregnancies, but man, I feel huge! I am so that woman who people look at with pity once they find out when I'm due.
 

These pictures look like I tried to be artsy, but really, the lights were just dim in the bathroom. I'll take it either way. The good news about having a tummy for so long is that I'm a girl who likes to show off my pregnant belly! I'd walk around with my stomach hanging out all day if it was socially acceptable. (Plus, it would be SO much better than wearing clothes!)
 
 
Little Man is crazy active! I've never had a baby move like this. I waited so long to feel him kick, and now, I'm pretty sure his foot slips our every once in awhile. He especially loves to move at night, which gives Steve a chance to really feel him, even if it does make it harder to fall asleep!

 
Okay, now for a little bit of whining: heartburn is still the death of me; I pretty much wake up with it. My lower back has also been really painful. Not just aching, but it feels like I've got something pinched when I lay down at night. I know that can easily happen, I'm just not used to it happening so soon (and so strong!). Steve and I have talked about me going to a chiropractor at some point to see if that relieves the pressure. If I could, I'd sleep completely diagonal on the bed, but that makes it difficult for Steve to fit. :) 
 
I think back pain and heartburn is it. Steve has been amazing! (Duh!) He's been so great about encouraging me to eat healthier munchies when I'm having cravings (last night I ate apple slices and crunchy, all-natural peanut butter instead of a double-chocolate brownie from Zaxby's), and he has been tireless with rubbing my back, pushing on sore muscles, and listening to me groan!
 
We're pretty set on the first name, Henry. I love the classic sound of it! Although, we've told our dads that "Hank" is not acceptable. Seriously. My dad got really excited about Hank Aaron (baseball player) and buying Henry little NY Yankees outfits, but Steve and I were all like, No. Nope. Not even a little.
 
[Bella is absolutely a "Bella" and it fits her perfectly, but once we got to know Evelyn, we definitely loved her original name and realized that "Evie" just didn't fit her. This time around, we wanted to pick a name that we loved in its original form.]
 
We're still not sure about middle names. On the funkier side, we like Cash (for Johnny Cash). Not only has my wonderful husband opened my eyes to his incredible music, but I love his story and how he's such a wonderful example of a redeemed Christian.  On the traditional side, we like Caleb, Alexander, and Isaiah. We're still talking, debating, and figuring it out. Luckily, we have three months to decide!

1 comment:

Holly Hodges said...

Henry is such a classic, wonderful name! Great choice!

You look gorgeous, per usual. :)

Loving watching your family grow, friend!