Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bella's "First" Haircut

So, technically speaking, I once attempted to cut Bella's hair on my own. It was just a trim, it came out at about a 45-degree angle, and we ended up doing a lot of buns.
 
People see Bella's hair and often comment on the thickness, general awesomeness, etc. What they don't see is that the hair at the nape of her neck looks like a rat's nest 70% of the time. And brushing it is a nightmare. She screams, I want to slap her, it's not a fun time. Since it's so miserable, I end up brushing her hair every three days or so, which as you can imagine, only makes it worse.
 
As I thought about school starting, I realized we had to do something different! When she was in preschool, I got away with the "sloppy top bun" a lot, and it looked really cute, but this is real school, and I'm thinking I'm going to have to brush her hair everyday.
 
I scheduled an appointment with Suzanne, who has cut my hair for years (she's amazing!), and she goes to our church, so we can give Bella a point of reference (Suzanne is Ally's aunt! Another win!). Suzanne is familiar with Bella enough to know her general personality and all that. I was really excited to get this done!
 

Our "before picture in the salon. Her hair is so thick that her scalp is just constantly soaked from sweat.
 

Getting started. Suze was so patient with her and all of the wiggling that went on!
 

My wonderful, willful first-born likes to look miserable in pictures as much as possible. I'm convinced it's a weird, control issue thing.
 

Actually obeying when Miss Suzanne gave her instructions! Score!


This is a quick picture and it's not brushed out, but I love the finished product! In reality, Suzanne didn't do anything too fancy; she just too a lot of the length and weight off. I've already noticed that it's much easier to wash and, more importantly, brush! I'm so thankful we got this done before school starts on Friday!

No comments: