Friday, January 24, 2014

New Opportunity, New Ministry

I have been excited about the chance to get more involved with our church for the last few years. Whenever an opportunity came up, though, I had to weigh it against my desire to be at home with the girls. We have been so blessed to be able to live on one income, and we made that decision very purposefully - I want to be home with my girls. I love not having a schedule and being able to have a lazy day when we're in the mood. With that in mind, there has never been anything that has made leaving the girls worth it.
 
I also love the Missions department at our church! Steve Reid and Trey have done a phenomenal job in creating authentic opportunities to serve and educating people in a new way of missional living. I have truly learned so much from these two men in the last 3 years or so. Being able to work alongside them in different volunteer positions has been incredible!
 
God has worked recently to allow the perfect set of circumstances to come together - moving closer to the church will give me a lot more freedom to be involved without all of the driving, Bella will be starting kindergarten in the Fall, so she will be gone in the mornings, and Evelyn will be doing the two-day preschool program at Eastside (also just in the morning) - all of these things give me a chance to work at the church a couple mornings a week without feeling like I'm missing out on time with the girls!
 
When Steve Reid said the Missions staff needed help with some of their administrative duties, I was thrilled! I'll be doing administrative and planning work for the orphanage that our church is a partner with, Orphan Concern International; helping Steve with anything he needs; and being involved with planning and organizing the missions activities in our church. 

It's a lot of behind-the-scenes work, and I'm so excited to be involved on the ground level of Eastside's Kingdom work!
 
 
I was at the church yesterday for a meeting and was not planning on sitting for my security badge picture, but it was fun to make it official!

No comments: