Saturday, January 4, 2014

Catching Up With The Rookes

I just had to share a quick moment and a few pictures from our dinner tonight with our friends, Matt and Caroline. 

We haven't spent any significant time with them in over a month, and it was so nice to sit down, catch up on each others' lives, and laugh a lot!

Both of them have jobs with interesting schedules - Caroline is a nurse who frequently works 12-hour shifts and Matt runs marketing and training for a regional moving company, so he is constantly overseeing various teams of movers. Because of their demanding jobs, we sometimes have to be creative about seeing each other, but it is always worth it!

Tonight we made homemade Chinese food, talked about everything we had missed from Christmas and New Years, and feasted on brownies for dessert. Such a great time with friends!


Evelyn is a little obsessed with Jude! And P.S. Can you see Evelyn's little painted fingernails? That was Daddy's amazing accomplishment this afternoon! So cute!

 
There is some serious, touchy-feely love going on between these two men!


He's getting so big!!! So close to one year old!


I told Caroline she needs to let me babysit more, so I can convince Jude that I'm his favorite aunt! (He actually has two "real" ones in his family, but I'm local, so I'm hoping that gives me some bonus points!)

No comments: