Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Welcome To The Party Planning Committee

Okay, Whitney and Steve, I'm owning my crazy...

I have loved planning Bella and Evelyn's birthday party!

Bella's request was for a "dark pink and light pink and dark purple and light purple and blue" birthday party. I'm not sure I would normally give in to a 4-year old's request, but a trend right now is ombre (the same color in different shades), so I decided to go for it. I'm not a girl that goes with fads, but it was really fun to find decorating and food ideas!

There's a slight theory going around this house that I've gone a little crazy with this theme, and it may be a just a tiny bit true! I know Ellen will take great pictures, but I had to take a couple today to document our progress.


Paper balls in different shades of pink...I'm definitely going to re-use these in Bella's room after the party.


I ombre'd a chair! With spray paint! And I love it!


I painted a sign on brown craft paper in different shades of pink. The cups are set up with red-striped straws. So cute!


We had a nail-painting party today and Bella asked for...yep! Pink and blue and purple!


Pink fingernails and ready to party! (And a weird grin!)

Wednesday is Bella's actual birthday, so Steve and I are taking her out dinner. Papa and Mimi get here on Thursday, and the girls' party is on Saturday! Bring on the fun!

No comments: