Sunday, April 28, 2013

Evelyn's Birthday Letter

My precious baby girl,

             You are a year old! You have been such an absolute joy this past year; your Daddy and I have loved every moment of it. When you were first born, everyone said you looked even more like Daddy than Bella does. But now that you're getting bigger, you're starting to look more and more like me; and I love that!
             You love food! You love french fries (it's a requirement in this family), strawberries, carrots, and chocolate! For some reason, you hate bananas. I'm not sure why, but you do. Your Daddy doesn't like weird textures in food either, so maybe you got it from him.
             My sweet little squirt, you are a dancing fool! Anytime we're singing in the house or playing music, you start bobbing your head and bouncing up and down! I love that about you. You may end up being a little singer just like Bella, but for now, you like to move your body!
            You are strangely quiet when you're happy; you're not a big laugher or giggler - you like to coo and "talk" to us, but we have to work really hard to earn your little giggles. When we finally get you in a silly mood, though, the sound of your laugh is incredible!
            When Bella turned one and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her, she screamed her head off. At your birthday, you just stared at us with your big, brown eyes. That's how you are; you look around and watch us and seem to process everything that's going on. You are our thinker.
             We love you so much! We are so thankful to have you in our family and you have brought us so much happiness. We promise to be patient (most of them time!) as you enter this new stage of becoming more independent and more willful. We can't wait to see what the next few months brings for you as you learn to walk and talk! You are my snuggler, my buddy, and my baby. I love you so very much.

Love,

Your Mama

No comments: