Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Morning

 Sunday morning was a wonderful experience! We were able to sleep in a little bit, get dressed without too much stress, serve in our various volunteer spots, and hear a great sermon about the empty tomb! 

Because of traveling and working with the three-year olds, Steve and I have been out of big church for the last month. It was refreshing and calming to worship with our congregation and hear Pastor David's message.

He spoke on the true joy of the empty tomb, and how Jesus should be our one, true source of peace and joy in our lives. Steve and I were volunteering as parking lot attendants/welcome hosts for visitors, so we missed the music this morning, but I'm so thankful we got to be there for the entire message!


Yep. This was me during Sunday School...standing on the street corner in front of church, holding a sign to direct visitors to the right parking lot. Steve had a sign at the opening of the lot to show them where to park. I felt a little bit like we should have been offering car washes to visitors, or at least telling them about a really good pawn store.


Getting Evelyn to smile ended up being a breeze since Mel was behind the camera! It was almost impossible, though, to get Bella both looking at the camera and smiling.

 

I knew the yellow door would pay off in future photo-ops!


 I went with dresses in jewel tones this year instead of pastels. I loved it! Bella wore her dress from Evelyn's baby dedication, so that made it easy to choose Evelyn's!


I had to include this one, because it's so...natural!


 Steve wore one of his new suits from work, and I saved one of the new dresses I had gotten for Christmas.


My beautiful sister! Mel leaves for India in 3 days; I'm so excited for her!


Checking out her Easter basket...


"What up! I got stickers!"


We call this "special occasion hair"! After Bella's bath last night, I separated her wet hair into 6 different braids so it would be thick and wavy this morning!


Bella was really excited that her necklace was just like Mama's!


Celebrating her goodies; we included some the loot from Grandma's Easter box into our own baskets. Sneaky!
 

Love this joyful smile!

"Were you there when God raised him from the tomb?
Were you there when God raised him from the tomb?
Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble.
Were you there when God raised him from the tomb?"

Happy Easter and praise our risen Lord!

No comments: