Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Steve's First Day At The Federal Reserve

My hubby is the man! His first day at the Federal Reserve was on Monday, and it went great!

He got an overload of information and looked a little bit like a deer in the headlights by the time he got home, but he still loved it. 

The only thing that gave him any sort of pause was the sports aspect (always a concern for Steve when meeting new co-workers). My man loves music and motorcycles. He'll watch soccer if it's on, but that's about it. We can usually manage to get excited for championship games, but we're definitely not fans of any particular sport or team. 

As Steve was walking around the office and meeting everyone, he noticed that every cubicle had a full-sized football helmet in it. Apparently, his boss uses stickers as an "atta boy" when someone does something good just like real football players put stickers on their helmets for touchdowns, sacks, etc.

Seriously. Can you imagine being a grown man in an office environment and getting a sticker from your boss when you do a good job? It makes me chuckle just thinking about it. It also makes me feel bad for Steve who doesn't follow sports. He had a great idea today to use one of his old motorcycle helmets for the same purpose. I think that's an awesome idea and keeps him from having to fake enthusiasm for a team that he picks at random.

Back to the job...most of his time throughout the first few years will be spent working through classes and modules online as he works towards his certification. He found out that his first trip away will be in May, so we have plenty of time to prepare. The assignment is in Tampa, so I'll be able to travel down to Florida, and maybe even see him since Tampa's so close to my parents' house. I'm excited about the potential to "cushion" that first time away!

I'm so proud of him and I've loved hearing his stories from his first few days! Can't wait to see what the future holds for him!


He knows how to wear a suit.


I love these new shoes! So dashing!


A "panoramic" view of Steve's cubicle. Since they travel so much, cubicles are simpler. Steve said half of his floor is out on different assignments at any one time.

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

Stickers for a good job made me laugh, but I love the helmet idea!!! It's perfect for Steve!