Monday, March 4, 2013

A Monster Got Me Over The Hump

I am a verbal processor. (No surprise here, huh?) Steve has been so amazing the last couple of weeks as we talked and imagined and sighed and processed. There have been moments when I all I wanted to do was talk about this baby and moments when I didn't even want to think about it.

Little by little, though, reality is setting in. I think, based on my initial response, Steve has been surprised at how quickly I've come around. The things that made me scared or nervous initially are still there - Bella seeing me sick and Evelyn feeling replaced - but I'm feeling more and more as though this is something to be enjoyed. Steve's sister, Stacey, had babies less than a year apart, and she assures me I'll be in full-on-joy-mode soon enough!

For me, it's been the little things, and this past weekend was one of those moments. We were walking through Babies 'R' Us, looking at double strollers (something I'm sure will come in handy with a newborn and 1-year old), and Steve picked up a little stuffed monster, and said, "This would be really cute in a boy's room."

Seriously, the little monster was adorable. And since Steve and I aren't really sports people, it would be perfect if we ended up having a boy. That was one of the moments that I started to be happy about this coming baby. And not just for the future cute baby gear, but thinking about what our family would be like, look like, etc.

How cute is this little guy??

So, we're getting there, and settling in to what life is going to look like soon. Hearing Steve talk about a boy has gotten me excited to think about the prospect of a having a boy, but I learned my lesson (horribly!) last time, so I'm trying very hard to keep any expectations in check!

Right now, I'm in the middle of fighting off tiredness and the beginning stages of nausea. Pregnancy hormones also do crazy things to my brain and emotions, so I'm trying to keep a grip on random sad moments or fear about things happening to this baby. (Stupid hormones!) Lots of extra prayer time lately and taking one day at a time! 

No comments: