Friday, August 26, 2011

Sweet Mother Of Abraham Lincoln

Tell me there are other mothers out there who have had moments of wanting to turn around, walk out their front door, and leave the toddlers locked inside? Maybe go for a pedicure or some shopping. Okay, I was kidding about that last part. Mostly.

No? No one? Just me then.

My children (I'm including Rex in this for the sake of the post) have an uncanny ability of waiting until the 5 or 10 minutes that I'm out of the room and doing something else before they get into a situation that usually makes me gasp in horror. (Not "horror movie" horror, just the "I. CAN'T. BELIEVE. YOU. JUST. DID. THAT." kind of horror.)

Walking from the dining room into the hallway and playroom. It looked like we were under construction.

Into the living room...everything was covered in a fine (or not so fine) mist of powder. P.S. It's takes forever to get powder off of anything! I don't know if there's a special trick, but if there is, please don't tell me. It would push me over the edge.

And, the finale...the living room. I know, right? RIGHT?!?!?

This has only happened twice in the precious little monster's two years of being alive, and it gets worse each time. It's not like I leave out baggies of baby power everywhere or anything. Every once in awhile, they find my stash and go to town.

So that was my afternoon. I was basking in the joy of a lazy Friday afternoon, when I came downstairs and found all of this. I've cleaned the floors and counters three times and there's still a film over all of it. Beautiful, wonderful, inquisitive little humans! I'm very thankful that it's Friday!

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Oh my goodness...I am laughing only because I've been there...TOO MANY TIMES...and I am so glad it is not me this time:) Bella did a great job making sure every spot was covered though...she is very thorough! Hoping you get a restful afternoon tomorrow or Sunday!

Tunrade said...

Holy snot! I don't even know what to say other than that.