Friday, August 5, 2011

Don't Let Her Fool You

I know she looks cute and cuddly, but this picture represents the one, tiny moment of the morning when she was actually behaving. The rest of the morning, she was splashing the dog's water all over the kitchen, trying to climb up on the table that holds the TV, shaking her bag of cereal all over the floor, wedging herself between the back of the couch and the wall, and tipping her box fan down the stairs.

Before you start to think I'm the world's most absentee parent, I should tell you that she is a master of sneakiness. A MASTER! She waits until the 30-second window of time when I'm heating up the baby's bottle or running upstairs to switch the laundry. When I come back down, she is smack dab in the middle of mayhem, reacting in total confusion when I look at her and say, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT?!?!?!?!?"

When I put her in time out, she sits there, crying and hitting herself. Which, I hate to say, is kind of hilarious. She's not hitting herself hard; it's just her way of showing me that she's not happy with the situation. For the most part, I ignore her when she does this and it doesn't last too long. She's always sweet-as-can-be when she's finally allowed out of time-out, but I think it's just a ruse as she plots her next move. Here's hoping 5 o'clock comes quickly and Daddy comes home as back-up!

2 comments:

The Windhams said...

A. I have a toddler just like that... but maybe even worse..he almost pulled an outlet, yes the whole outlet out of the wall yesterday. True story.
B. I didn't know you had another dog.
C. I miss you!

Wires Family said...

Hi Janna, i miss you too! Don't worry, I didn't forget to tell you anything about a dog...we were just watching Lucie for Kelsie and Patrick for the weekend. Oh, and seriously, an entire outlet?!?! That's crazy!!!