Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bella's First Day Of Preschool

This morning was definitely not what I expected! Ironically, the least emotional part of my morning was leaving Bella at the door...that actually went off without a hitch, and Bella reacted as though she were being dropped of at nursery.

I think the most emotional thing for me was that Bella's teacher is not very "feel-goody." I may look back at this by the end of the year and have a completely different point of view, but I was a little disappointed that she wasn't a little more gentle with the parents. Does that sound weird? I mean, I think she will be a wonderful teacher for Bella, and I am confident that Bella will actually learn new things this year instead of just being babysat, but I wish the teacher had come across as a little more understanding of the fact that I was leaving my 2-year old in "school" for the first time.

There were good things, too, though! I didn't get a ton of pictures because I still had the other two kids with me, but here are the ones I got...especially for the Grandmas!

On the calendar for weeks! We've been so excited!

I mean, come on! How could I not include this picture?


Making sure everything is in her school bag.

Forcing Bella to take a "Mommy and Me" picture


Impatient and independent! We can't wait for everything this year will bring!

1 comment:

The Windhams said...

ok, first of all, this makes me want to cry, and I am not her mother. She is BEAUTIFUL,Katie. you did a great job naming her! The teacher thing is understandable if she doesn't have kids yet. when i taught pre-k, i never understood how parents were so weepy when they left their kids at school. boy, did i have a lot to learn. hopefully, it was just an off day for her.
second of all, it makes me sad that i didn't get madd in a pre-k program. i was just couldn't get it all together in time. oh well, he is a boy and probably needs another year anyway.