Monday, August 15, 2011

An Experiment...

If you know me well, you know that I get restless with my house. Not discontent, I just frequently like to move furniture, pictures, stuff around until I feel that it is "just right." We are pretty limited in the living room with furniture placement because of where the cable jack is; the TV always has to be in that same corner.

Drumroll please...Steve and I talked about it, and he agreed to move the television out of the living room! Wow! I have to admit, we like to crash in front of the TV, and I'm a little nervous that we'll be going crazy after a week, but I'm willing to try it. Really, the decision is completely decor-motivated; we're not placing a memorandum on TV watching. Although, we are looking forward to the living room being a place to hang out, talk, listen to music, and not just automatically turning on Office re-runs. Last night, as I was cleaning up, we had some Harry Connick Jr. playing and Steve was reading on the couch.

I also LOVE the look of the room now! It looks so good! I'm very thankful to have a husband who is willing to agree to my random epiphanies!


Not the best angle, but here is the entire room from the kitchen - very open and uncluttered.


The new spot for the couch; the TV used to be in the left corner. I really like that you see the open seating space as soon as you walk into the room, instead of the TV and table.



The wall that the couch used to be on. It's so cozy and "nook-ish" now. I love being curled up in the chair in the corner.

3 comments:

Norma Wires said...

Living room looks great! But where do we get to have video time with Bella when we come?

Wires Family said...

Mom, I promise to bring out the portable DVD player, so you can get some good snuggle time in! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

The Windhams said...

I love it! It does look so clean and uncluttered. TVs are great, but let's admit it, they are an eye sore.