Thursday, August 11, 2011

Preschool, Here We Come!

Tonight was Bella's Open House for preschool. Or, I should say, it was Open House for Steve and I; Bella had a babysitter. It was definitely a "back and forth" of emotions for me! I was excited for her to start learning new things, the Martha Stewart-side of me got excited about planning Christmas parties and snacktime, but I got sad about things like they discourage the use of "lovies." These are some of Steve and I's "aaaawwwww" moments from the evening...

Bella's teachers, Miss Melissa and Miss Betty, sent her a postcard this week! I thought that was a nice thing to do, especially for the parents!

The sign welcoming parents to the classroom (I drew the pink line!) Whitney's son, David, is in her class, and a few others that she knows from church nursery are in there, too!

Her outfit for the first day of school! Knowing me, I may change this three more times between now and Tuesday, but I saw it in Target tonight and loved the little sea-foam green shorts.

Preschool handbook and our number for carpool. I have to save these so that I can look back and remember how nervous I was about driving the wrong way in carpool!

Bella's little cubby. We thought it was so cute that they learn to bring their bag in each morning and hang it in their own cubby. I can imagine her saying, "Oh cooooool!"

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

Fun times!! I remember being very nervous about the carpool/pick up line at our kids school...I was sure I was the only one who had no clue what to do and was looking like an idiot!!

The Windhams said...

This is awesome! I would be sad about the lovies too, but looking at this makes me wish madd man was going to bella's school. He isn't going at all because his slacker mom waited too late to get him in. I don't know if it was procastination or me just not wanting him to grow up. I will find some place for him to go for toddler interaction for sure. Good Luck Bells! I am sure you will do great! Take some tissues for your mom.

The Windhams said...

This is awesome! I would be sad about the lovies too, but looking at this makes me wish madd man was going to bella's school. He isn't going at all because his slacker mom waited too late to get him in. I don't know if it was procastination or me just not wanting him to grow up. I will find some place for him to go for toddler interaction for sure. Good Luck Bells! I am sure you will do great! Take some tissues for your mom.