Monday, August 29, 2011

Steve's Job Update

For the last month or so, Steve has been investigating positions outside of his bank. As a wife, I have been able to see God's hand on Steve in so many ways; Steve's job has always reminded me of Joseph - God has protected him from layoffs and toxic co-workers, blessed his reputation and integrity within the company, and prepared him for opportunities to expand his area of influence.

Steve has no problems with his current job, but he has always been a hard worker and a wonderful planner. As we've talked about expanding our family, Steve has started to look at new opportunities. He had a great interview at a strong company a few weeks ago, and they really seemed to like him for an Analyst position (pretty much what he does now, just on a slightly larger scale). When he returned last week for a follow-up interview, it was with the top four men in the company, including the man he had originally met with. These men were really impressed with his resume and talked about Steve filling a Portfolio Manager position.

The wonderful praise is that he left this interview with an informal "yes" and is waiting for a formal offer from their HR department. I think Steve's preference would be the Portfolio Manager position, but he'd be fine with either. We're praying for wisdom and God's blessings as we move forward. Reading back over this post, I sound like a really biased wife, but it's okay! I'm happy that I get to write about Steve for once!

"And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, 'Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory; that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil that I may not cause pain!' So God granted him what he requested."

I Chronicles 4:10

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

You most definitely are allowed to be biased. Proud of him and am praying for you guys!