Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What's In A Name?

Bella is the first grandchild on my side of the family, and we've been trying out a few names to see if my mom and dad would like to be called something different than "Grandpa" and "Grandma". I kind of think it would be fun to have Steve's mom and dad be Grandma and Grandpa, and my parents be something else. Bella calls my dad "Papa", so that seems like a fun option for him, but we're still not sure about my mom...we all like Mimi, so we're trying to actually remember to call my mom that. Who knows, after all this, they might end up being Grandpa and Grandma Meyer after all. (That's okay with us, too!)

Here's what "Papa" and "Mimi" have been up to this week!

Watching Papa fix the back door

Swinging and dancing with Mimi

Bella loves playing in the pool with her Papa!

Water fights and splashing!

Pool time with Rex and Papa

Dad really likes mocha frappuccinos from Starbucks (Who doesn't?) and last night, he shared his recipe to make them at home. They were delicious and tasted just like the real thing!

Dad's homemade mocha, chocolate drinks

Enjoying the yummy drinks!

No comments: