Monday, July 18, 2011

The Power Of The Cross

Last week, our friend, Will (Liam's dad), asked me if I would take part in a study for his Anthropology class. He had to observe someone of a different religion and write a paper about what motivated them, drew them to it, etc. Steve and I have been praying for Will and Erin since I started watching Liam and we've invited them to our church many times, but they are both strong Catholics and attend mass every Sunday. When I found out that the study included Will coming with us on a Sunday morning to observe the service, I was thrilled with how God works!

We met on Friday, and Will had a list of questions to ask me about my own personal faith, as well as the workings of our church and the individual service. It was a very interesting experience to explain your faith in aspects that I frequently take for granted like prayer; and to use phrases like "legalism" and "on fire for God" that Will asked me to go back and explain. I was praying the entire time that God would give me the right words to say and that I would do more than simply answer a question, but would really weave the gospel throughout.

We had a guest speaker on Sunday, but his message was incredible! Our choir sang, The Power Of The Cross that one of our own members wrote a few years ago and is now sung by Natalie Grant. It's such a powerful song and it was a blessing to have those words ring out when Will was sitting with us! Pray that this is just the beginning of God working in Will and Erin.

Here are the words to my favorite verse:

The Power Of The Cross (verse 3)...

Once a prodigal, now home

Once lost, now found.

Once an enemy, now a friend

Once poor, now crowned.

Here's the video!


No comments: