Monday, July 4, 2011

Potty Time!

I'm not sure how to even start this post, because this absolutely overwhelms and terrifies me! Whew! I know I'm supposed to be reassured by the fact that she will eventually get it, and every parent goes through this, etc., but man! The whole potty training thing just really makes me want to keep her in diapers until she's seven - and I haven't even started it!

We took Bella to Target today to pick out two potties; we put one downstairs in the half-bath and one upstairs in our bathroom. We waited to set them up until Bella had already gone to bed, so she'll get her first look tomorrow morning. Hopefully seeing them in the house for a couple of days in a row will make her interested in trying it out. Bella is definitely an "on my own time" kind of a girl, so I'm already prepared to go slow and let her move ahead on her own. She totally blew us away by how easily she transitioned to a little girl bed with no rails or anything - we thought she'd get out of bed and be crying, but she never even seemed to notice - so maybe we'll get really lucky and she'll figure it out quickly. Cross your fingers!

Our big girl princess potty!

Newest reading material...Daddy will be reading this to Bella every night!

No comments: