Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Signs Of Summer

Summer is already half over, but I had to point out some of my favorite things about this season!

Naked baby bottoms! I don't know if nakedness is an official sign of Summer, but it should be (at least in toddlers). Let's face it, you just shouldn't do this in the middle of January.

Friends...no school, no evening activities...just long afternoons to spend by the pool or playing dress-up.

The dahlias are blooming! I'm excited that they bloomed in time for my Mom's visit next week!



Our veggies are growing! The cucumbers and bell peppers are looking more yummy everyday! Mel has been working hard to keep our small garden thriving this year!

Lazy days...okay, so my house looks like this on a daily basis, but who doesn't love shirking house-cleaning duties to have fun instead! Summer seems like the perfect time to do that.

Mel's birthday! (It's coming up next month.) My favorite thing about Mel's birthday, other than celebrating Mel, is that it's always warm! You never have cold fronts in the middle of August! Even in Georgia, it's frequently still chilly on my birthday in March, but we get to celebrate Mel's birthday by sitting at outdoor restaurants or going to concerts in the park. Pure joy!

No comments: