Thursday, July 14, 2011

To Infinity and And Beyond!

Bella has been hooked on Toy Story 2 lately and Steve's mom said she would send some of Steve's old toys for Bella to enjoy...

[Side Note: The first Toy Story was made in 1995, which means Steve would have been about 14 years old. Does anyone else wonder why he had Toy Story toys at that age? I found out that his Woody doll was actually a gift from an ex-girlfriend, and I'm assuming the rest were picked out for assorted grandchildren. I haven't asked his mom about it yet, but it made me chuckle. I had to fight the brief impulse to throw Woody on the firepit...I'm kidding!]

Back to Bella...I knew she would be excited about these toys and they did not disappoint! Here was her reaction when I lifted Buzz and Woody out of the box: "OOOHHHHH! BUFF!!! BUDDY!!!! OH!!! COOL!!!!!" I'm not exaggerating any of that; it was unbelievably loud. "Buff" is Buzz and "Buddy" is Woody, and there were other little toys in the box of Woody's horse, the racecar, and the aliens.

There was a quick rumble in the living room when Bella decided she wanted to play with Buzz and Woody at the same time, and Rex was feeling left out. After some shrieking, we settled on a good compromise, and they had a great time enjoying the toys for the rest of the afternoon. Bella has already picked them up first thing this morning.

"Hat! Hat!" Bella wanted to take Woody's hat on and off about a hundred times.

"There's a snake in my boot!" Bells thinks the pull-string is the coolest thing ever!

3 comments:

Norma Wires said...

I wasn't going to mention that Woody was from an old girlfriend!!! And I think he was actually in high school when he got them - don't know why he wanted them but.... and the little toys were from fast food places. Hope you don't hold it against Woody and I know Bella will enjoy them! Wish I could have seen her reaction! Love the pictures though.

The Windhams said...

oh, bella and maddox would get a long great. he LOVES anything Toy Story. He loves taking off Woody's hat too, but he can't put ours back on. Loads of fun for me all day. he calls Woody "dee" and Buzz is just this flying sound that he makes. He roars when he talks about Rex. Wait til she sees the last Toy Story. I love it too!

The Clark Family said...

Love it!! How fun!