Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Can't Get Anything Past Us...Usually

Bella's most recent line is, "Oh gosh!" We weren't really sure where she picked it up (stop looking at me), until I sat on the couch with Bella and watched The Little Mermaid. Apparently Ariel says, "Oh my gosh" three or four times, and it just happens to be one of Bella's new favorite movies. Combined with the fact that Ursula has to be the most disturbing Disney villain EVER, and we've decided to take a break on Ariel...maybe not forever, but for now. Parenting has a funny way of making me a lot more prudish. I prefer to think of it as discerning.

Seriously...she haunts my dreams. Maybe that's just because I can quote all of her lines.

Oh, it's time for a Potty Update: I think I started too early. I just don't think Bella is ready, and I'm completely okay with that, so I'm taking a break until she seems to show more interest in whether or not she's sitting in her own poop. I've heard a lot of people say they started around 30 months, which for us would be about October, so we'll try again then.

1 comment:

Kaedra said...

I love Ariel. But I do not love the omg's & I completely agree with you about Ursula....creepy!!
Potty Training-don't stress about it, she'll get it when she gets it. We tried with Emerson right when she turned 2....huge fail. I was washing princess & Dora panties allllll daaaaaay. We just started again a couple months ago (she'll be 3 in October) & she completely gets it now! We are still working on her taking herself, so every 30 minutes I just take her to the potty & every time, she goes.
I think Kelsie "got it" around that time, too. At least during the day. Night time, don't even try until she stays dry through the night. Lol, it's EXHAUSTING. We were setting an alarm & taking turns getting her up every couple hours, & all of us were SO tired.
Another mom said to me, "just put her in pull ups! When she stays dry, she's ready. She's just 3, don't stress it!" And she was right!