Friday, August 24, 2012

My Project Wall

I don't know if there are other people who do this, but whenever I look through magazines, I'm constantly ripping out recipes I want to make, projects I want to tackle "one day", or things I want to add to my Christmas wish list (yes, I start planning early).

All of these papers get piled on my desk and, of course, usually forgotten. I had an epiphany last week about a project wall next to the kitchen. We have a little hallway leading from our kitchen to our dining room that I thought would be perfect because not many people see it. I figured I could buy large sections of corkboard and basically create a giant, unframed bulletin board.

Fast forward a week and let's just say that I couldn't find "large sections of corkboard" anywhere! I figured it was one of those ideas that would just need to sit in my head for awhile...but THEN (do you see where this is going?) I had a new epiphany about how to accomplish the same thing for free!

Bella has an easel with a roll of butcher paper attached to it. I stole four, large sections of paper, tacked them to the wall in a row, and then used tape to start putting up all of my random papers. It looks a little haphazard in the pictures, but it came out very clean and it's perfect for what I needed! I'm a very visual person and I needed a place where I could see everything at once.

I have sections labeled "HOME" for random color swatches I have or decorating pictures I love, "BELLA" for fun activity ideas that I want to do with Bella or things I want to make for her, "GARDEN" for all of the planting ideas that I rip out of my Martha Stewart and Lowe's magazines, and "FOOD" for my recipes and meal plans.



I'm amazed my wonderful husband lets me take up a wall in the house just for my ideas and pictures! I just keep walking up to my new wall and staring at it. Love it!

No comments: