Thursday, August 2, 2012

Consignment Sale Goodies

I've heard about a huge sale that goes on in our area every year, but I've never gone. It has always seemed a little intimidating - there are hundreds of sellers and rules about when you can go in - I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle it alone. Well, I put on my big-girl pants and finally went to a sale today!

It reminded me once again to be so thankful that we have two children of the same gender! I was so thankful that I didn't need to be there to find a whole new, Fall wardrobe for Evelyn. I was in the market for some dress shoes for Bella, which I found for $2.00, and an exersaucer or walker for Evelyn. Most of the exersaucers were $25.00 - $35.00, and they were in VERY primary colors.

I found a walker for $23.00 that I really liked! I think I probably over-paid a little bit if I was basing it on garage sale prices, but I was okay paying for the convenience and a style that I liked.


Evie's feet just barely reach the floor. I'm sure she'll like it more and more as she grows!


Why do my children make adorable faces until I bring out a camera? Then, they give that blank, cross-eyed stare.


Evie is lifting her head so well! She doesn't love being on her stomach, but she loves sitting up and looking around!

The sale was definitely a success and I'm glad I have one under my belt. The prices are 1/2 off on Saturday, so I may go back with Steve. I saw a beautiful double stroller for $130.00, which I was NOT willing to pay. But, oh, what a pretty stroller! I did a deep sigh of longing as I walked away.

1 comment:

Norma Wires said...

I like that kind of walker or seat or whatever they call them. That's what we used to have - now its more the exersaucer type. And Evie is getting so big!! Where's that little newborn I cuddled last time I saw her?? I'm sure she'll still be in for some cuddling in Sept! Can't wait!