Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back 2 School!

It's crazy to think that every August for the next 18 years or so, I'm going to say the phrase, "Is it time for school to start already?" Sending Bella to school was much less emotional for this year; partly because she's used to it and partly because it snuck up on me!

Oh, and my funny, "good job, Kate"-moment so far...I bought some supplies at the end of the school year last year to make "thank you" presents for her teachers, but with the baby coming and zero energy, it never got done. I decided to save the project and use it as a "Welcome Back To School" gift for Bella's new teachers this Fall. I had the supplies sitting on my counter all Summer, but still didn't get it done in time! We just finished our first week and I'm hoping I remember to do it this weekend!

Bella got to go to a "Meet and Greet" on Monday morning to check out her new teachers and see her classroom. She didn't seem too impressed with her teachers, but she tends to act shy around strangers at first. She did love exploring the classroom and playing with the new toys. Her main teacher, Ms. Cheryl, is one of my friend's moms, so she already knows Bella. The assistant, Ms. Ernestine, is one of Ms. Betty's best friends, so I'm looking forward to getting to know her better! By the way, how beautiful and Southern is the name Ernestine!

Here are some pictures from her first morning (they're on my phone, so they're a little rough):


Bella insisted on her "big giraffe" coming in the car with us.


Look at her posing like a big girl!

On a side note, last year, I bought most of her dresses and pants in Size 4T so they would last for two years, and so far, everything still fits! I'm very thankful we don't have to buy a new wardrobe this Fall!

She's off to a great start!

No comments: