Friday, August 10, 2012

Bella's Weekly Quotes

It's been almost a week since I've posted anything, but we've been busy! Busy with very normal, boring activities that haven't seemed like fun blog post. I have a few in my head, though: Bella's first day of preschool next week, Mel's birthday this weekend, and a new Bible study that has been slapping me in the face and convicting me in some very necessary, but "un-fun" ways...

For now, here are some comments and moments from my darling, precocious three-year old. Oh, what will I do when I have two who can talk? (Or three? Or four? Whew!)

__________________________________

Discovering that she would be going to Rex's house last night while we were at Open House for preschool,

Bella: "Will Rex's Mama be there?"
Me: "Yes, Rex's Mama will be there."
Bella: "If Rex's Mama could be there, that would be AWESOME!" 

________________________________

I can't go to bed now! I need my "ba-jay-mays". Your what???

I finally figured out she was saying "PJ's".

_______________________________

(While Steve and I are trying to talk in the car...)

Bella: "Mama. Mama. Mama. MAMA!!!"
Steve: "Bella, stop yelling!"
Me: "Yes, Bella?"
Bella: "Mama. Daddy. Do you see that green sign? Over there? That green sign?  There's an 'O'. See it? See the green sign? It's green."
Me: (swallowing my deep sigh and hoping I sound enthusiastic...) "Yes! I see the green sign!"
Bella: "Where? Where is there a green sign?"

This is when Steve starts to bang his head against the steering wheel.

____________________________

For awhile, Steve and I would nickname different stores for Bella instead of bothering with the official name. Wal-Mart was the "blue store", Target was the "red store", and Home Depot was the "orange store". (Can you tell where we shop the most?) Now that she is older and can understand more, I've started pointing out the real names for the stores we visit. I started with McDonald's, but no matter how many times I've pronounced it for her, it comes out of her mouth as "Bo-Bo-Dons." Seriously? How do you get "Bo-Bo-Dons" from McDonald's?

It's like that episode of Friends when Phoebe is trying to teach Joey a few French phrases, and finally has to walk out of the room in frustration. It cracks us up to hear how she interprets different words and sounds! At least we know she'll get them eventually.

No comments: