Saturday, March 3, 2012

Little Touches

I added some touches to the nursery today; a few little things that make it seem more finished. Steve painted the mirror today, so we'll hang that tomorrow, and our friend, Ben, is going to paint a mural on the wall across from the closet. We'll be done soon!

My mom sent me a box today with some fun stuff for Evie! She found two antique books: A Little Princess and The Secret Garden. These are beautiful books that I loved when I was a little girl!

The little table next to our rocking chair. I'm sure that it will be covered with burp clothes soon enough, but right now, it's got my new books on it!

Mom also sent a beautiful, old plate that she got from a friend of hers. The plate has a woman carrying a baby and walking next to a little girl. It's a fun plate for us! Steve had the great idea to hang it above the bird picture that is over the changing table. It came out beautifully!

We got Evie's dresser from a garage sale, and it was hard to think that it was really clean. I found some pretty, green drawer liners at Wal-Mart that were really easy to install. This is the pattern...

And with clothes in it! Come on, Evie, we're ready for you!

We have plenty of clothes for her, but it is still fun to find the occasional outfit. I was looking for some "church outfits" at Target today, and found these two: a bright blue romper with flowers and a light-colored dress with polka dots. They are "newborn", so she won't last long in them, but it will be fun to have some pretty dresses for those first few Sundays in church!

I think that's it! I'm excited to see the mirror hung up!

No comments: