Wednesday, March 7, 2012

KONY 2012: Stop At Nothing

I'm writing this post because I want my girls to know that Steve and I believe in making a difference and making a change. I can't say that it will be a successful effort, but when it takes such little effort on our part, how could we not try?

I won't even try to explain the entire video; I will just say that Joseph Kony is the leader of the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army), a rebel army that began in Uganda. He kidnaps children, forcing them to do unspeakable acts.

Here's the action you can take: wear the bracelet, post the video online, put up a poster. The creators are very specific that the goal is focused on 2012...Kony must be stopped in 2012 in order to keep the lawmakers in Washington, D.C. involved. I don't like jumping on bandwagons or fads, but for the sake of the children, this is worth it.

Go to: www.invisiblechildren.com to watch the video, or to http://invisiblechildrenstore.myshopify.com/?limit=all to buy a bracelet.

No comments: