Thursday, March 29, 2012

Baby Shower And Girls Night Out!

Thursday night was my baby shower, hosted by Mel and Whitney. We decided to make it easier on everyone and have it at a restaurant so that we could just relax and enjoy each other - no streamers, no baby shower games, just a group of friends who never get to see each other, having a great time! It was exactly what I was looking forward to! I know that's easy for me to say since I got to open all of the presents, but it really was such a fun night; we laughed so hard, shared stories, and got to enjoy some delicious food!

We met at a French restaurant called La Madeleine that specializes in quiches, salads, sandwiches and pasta. It was so good! For dessert, Whitney brought cupcakes that her friend had made. They were beautiful and all sorts of yummy flavors. Mel and Whitney did such an amazing job of organizing and pulling everything together! An added bonus: we have about a dozen cupcakes left over!

Jen Knight, Emily, Jen Lindsey (Rex's mama), and Melissa! I am so blessed to have these wonderful, hilarious, giving women in my life!

Whitney and Heather


A little blurry, but my friend, Jen Knight, is explaining how she is convinced that Evie will be completely bald, so she made some hats for me to put on her! Ha! It was a funny story, and the hats are very beautiful!

Ashleigh and I comparing our baby bellies. Ashleigh is expecting little Jack soon!

Okay, this is incredibly blurry, but I had to include it anyway...Cathy loves TOMS shoes and she knows I love them, too. She got Evie a little pair in size 2! This is me as I was opening the package, and I was so excited! Steve and I love them so much!

Whitney and I...I love this woman! She is such a precious friend!

Ashley, me, and Mel (Ashley is Mel's friend from Northstar and we have adopted her as our own!)

Mel and Whitney insisted that I take a picture next to the cupcakes. I didn't think it was very fair to someone who was already so big that she can barely keep her knees together.

Me and Melissa


Cathy, Carolyn, and Ashleigh. Cathy will be my "mom" at our homebirth, and I am so thankful that she will be there! She's been my Bible study teacher for the last 3 years or so, and I always tell people that I have a not-so-secret plan to join her family. Steve and I love her and her husband, Carter!

My "adult" gifts from Ashleigh - gourmet chocolate, a bottle of wine, and flowers - and a close-up of Evie's new TOMS...so adorable!

2 comments:

The Garcia's said...

I love all the shower pictures!! I'm so glad I'm able to keep up with you through your blog.

Unknown said...

Baby Shower and Girls Night Out! That sounds tons of fun. Keep up the good work. I also am going to host the party at the local event space San Francisco for my best friend’s baby shower. She loves fashion so will add the fun of ramp walk too in this bash. Hoping that everything will go as planned.