Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Life Is All About Bella (In A Good Way!)

Everytime I talk to my friend, Whitney, on the phone, I realize again that my life is all about Bella. It's not a bad thing, it's just interesting; when Whitney shares stories about her little Sapplings, she usually keeps it to either which kid is doing the same dumb thing that Bella is doing (that would be David) or which one is currently sick (that would be Charli). She's got 4 children, so she rarely sits on the phone and tells me 5 different things about each one.

I, on the other hand, can talk to her on the phone for 30 minutes and tell her 4 (okay, like 6) different cute/weird/annoying things that Bella did that day. Bella is my only "story." She is the sole source of my bang-my-head-against-the-wall, my eyes-want-to-bug-out-of-my-head moments, but she is also my only snuggle bug, my buddy on shopping trips, my singing partner, and the only one who has to vie for my attention.

I'm not worried about my heart having room for two (or more!); I just have nothing to compare it to. And I know that at first, a newborn and a three-year old will have very different needs (I'm hoping!), but I'm curious about what life will be like when they're 2 and 5. For now, I'm really enjoying my last few months of life being all about just one little kumquat.


Checking out the trees in her raincoat.

No comments: