Sunday, March 11, 2012

Celebrating The Last Year Of My 20's!

My birthday weekend was so much fun! We got to enjoy a little bit of everything - family time, friend time, and just me and Steve.

On Friday night, Steve and I went to this great, little restaurant called The Blue Grotto. They serve sushi and tapas, which are fun, because you can sample more dishes. It refreshed both of us to be able to sit and talk, and just focus on each other. I don't always realize how badly I need to reconnect with Steve until I actually get to do it!

We sat back in this little corner on a long couch. It was fun to be "lounging" during dinner! We had sushi, bruschetta, some pork, and more sushi!

We ordered fondue for dessert and the presentation was beautiful! It definitely exceeded our expectations!

On Saturday morning, Mel took me out to breakfast and then surprised me with a sister massage! She reserved the "couples room" for us, which made us really giggle, but it was also great because we got to stay together. Mel was surprised to have a male massage therapist assigned to her! He was extremely professional, but you should have seen our faces when he first walked in!

This was the ticket they handed me on my way out. I love the section titled, "Today we accomplished..."


Our family activity was to take Bella to her first movie! We've talked about doing this a couple of times, but it worked out great today! The took her to see Dr. Seuss' The Lorax and promised popcorn and coke! I'm not sure if she was more excited about the "pecial mooovee" or the "topcorn"!


Chillin' next to Mel with her kids' snack pack. She's such a little girl now and not a baby anymore! She did great and stayed pretty focused the entire time. She liked seeing other kids in the theater and kept pointing out the "baby", even though she was probably the youngest one in there. As I'm typing this, she is pretending to run a concession stand over on Daddy's side of the bed!


We invited Trey and Whitney over for dinner; Whitney brought dinner over and Mel made cheesecake...it was so nice to catch up and talk. Mel filled them in on her India trip, and Bella invited them to sit and eat dinner with her. We originally thought that the little Sapplings would be coming, too, so we had a table set up in the playroom. Instead, Trey and Whitney got to enjoy "appetizers" of American cheese and carrot sticks!

No comments: