Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Goodies From Goodwill

Mel was home today, so we decided to take Rex and Bella to Goodwill this morning. Our original goal was to look for big hats and pretty gloves to wear to a tea party this weekend that we're taking Bella to, but there was only one hat and it was just too hideous...even for Goodwill.


I love wreaths! Love them! I am a total sucker for "seasonal" wreaths that I can put on my door at the appropriate time of year. One of my finds at Goodwill today was a "Summer" wreath. I don't have one yet and I've been drooling over one at Target, but I actually like my Goodwill wreath MUCH better! And it cost me less than $2.00!



I found these two old, wooden placemats with Colonial scenes on them. I don't think they're actually antiques, but I love the old pictures! I'm going to try and find some frames for them at WalMart.


Another item I'm a complete sucker for...baskets! I love things organized and in their place, and baskets make me very happy! I found this at Goodwill for $2.50 - such a bargain! There's something so cozy about a basket of books sitting near the fireplace.

1 comment:

The Windhams said...

love the wreath and the basket! i love baskets too. i have sooo many, but I always want more. can't say that I am interested in the place mats, but I am sure you will make them look great! you have such good taste!