Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Getting Ready...

We have some fun activities coming up this weekend, so yesterday and today were our "get ready" days. Sunday is Mother's Day and we've been making aprons for the ladies in our family. They turned out really cute!

I made an apron for myself, too. If it includes Bella's handprints, I couldn't resist! I do not find cooking effortless, so I thought it'd be cute to put a food on there that doesn't require a lot of skill.


Mel LOVES to cook and spent a year in Italy, so this apron is perfect for her! She spends enough time with Bella that she deserves a "Mother's Day" gift.


I haven't added the handprints to this one yet, but it's for my mom - Bella's Gramma Meyer. It will include Bella's handprints and handprints of the three sisters. We have a special surprise for Bella's Grandma Wires, but she reads this blog frequently, so I won't put pictures up until after Mother's Day.



We weren't getting ready for anything in this picture...except getting ready to swing on the swings! I don't know who she gets her big bottom lip from, but I like it!



I'm going to a girlfriend's baby shower this weekend and couldn't resist this adorable set of pacifiers! Aren't they cute? I love the little dragon and the bottom one is a knight in armor!
Steve and I would love to have a boy next and I can't help but wander by the "boy" items when I'm in the store to get something for Bella.


(I'll have to go back and edit this post if we have a girl next!) :)

2 comments:

The Windhams said...

love the apron idea! also, i almost picked that background for my blog...but i can't figure out exactly how to get it to look right. i do what they say, but the old template stays on their and looks bad. i need a lesson. happy mother's day week!

Wires Family said...

Janna, you and I are going to need to do it over the phone or SOMETHING! :)Thanks!