Monday, October 27, 2014

Our First Tooth Fairy Visit

 Bella lost her first tooth! She's been wiggling it for weeks, but wouldn't let Steve or I anywhere near it. (We wanted to pull it sooooo badly!) While we were in Florida, she came running up to me, and yelled, "It came out!" Woo hoo! This was a very big deal for me; for some reason, it just felt like a big "big kid" moment.
 
 
And then, in true "Katie" fashion, we lost the tooth. I put it on my parents' desk in the guest room to protect it (or so I thought), and Evelyn found it. I searched everywhere around their guest rom and living room, with no success. I was so thankful when my mom did a thorough cleaning after we left and found it again! By that time, we were already headed back to Florida, so we postponed the full, Tooth Fairy experience until we returned to Georgia.
 
 
Bella doesn't really care about money yet, so she was pushing pretty hard for me to convince the Tooth Fairy to bring a present instead. (On the flip side, Evelyn loves carrying change around in her little purse. It's so crazy how different these two are.) We have no intention of buying a gift every time one of them loses a tooth, but we told her the Tooth Fairy brought a special gift for the first tooth.
 
Bella didn't want to keep the tooth under her pillow, so we put it in one of her little, pink teacups and I tied a bright pink bow around the handle. We told her that she would know the Tooth Fairy came, because she would take the tooth and tie the ribbon around her special present. She woke up the next morning to find the pink ribbon tied around a new, plastic pony! She was pretty excited! I had grand plans of writing a little note to her from the Tooth Fairy, but it didn't happen. Pinterest had some awesome ideas, too, but it was a little overwhelming and definitely would have taken some planning.
 
Evelyn also put out a little teacup with a purple ribbon, and the Tooth Fairy left her a quarter. (Clearly, Steve and I haven't figured out the younger sibling-thing out yet.)
 
Bella has another tooth loose already, so we're planning to do this all again soon!
 
 

2 comments:

Stuart Fleming said...

How adorable! Bella looks so cute pulling her mouth open like that. Hahaha! I bet she was excited for her first tooth fairy visit. Did you ever find out why she didn't want to put the tooth under her pillow? Hopefully, a healthy new tooth wiggles its way into her gums soon. All the best! :)

Stuart Fleming @ Dr. Hatfield D.D.S.

Freddie Gray said...

Looks like Bella is growing out quite fast. I hope you're expecting her permanent teeth to settle in soon. It seems like she's well-prepared for that as well. In any case, she seem to really like the tooth fairy tradition. She is just so adorable! Thanks for sharing that! All the best to your family! :)

Freddie Gray @ Ballantyne Center For Dentistry