Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy October!


It's October 1st, which means I can finally admit to decorating for Halloween! (We're not going to admit the actual timing of the decorations.) I love decorating and I love holidays, so once September draws to an end, I get really excited and twitchy about the holidays coming up!
 



 
Our front door. We went with a little bit of a Poe and Raven theme this year.
 
 
The entryway table. (Mel says I made the spiders a little too...Arachnophobia, but I couldn't help it; it's just really fun to hang them on the web!)
 







 
A close-up of the silver platter on the table...this is one of my favorite spots in all of the decorations. I love the moss!
 
 
I bought these bats last year for Steve's birthday party, and I love them!
 
 
My window sill in the kitchen.
 
 
Our bookcase in the corner. Somehow (miracle!) my children have actually not destroyed any of these spiders or webs! I think they're getting used to Mama's cup of crazy.
 
 
The mantle over the fireplace. Yes, I'm weird, but this mantle makes me sigh with contentedness. I love me some black and white decorations. I don't like gory or scary things at Halloween, but I love trying to make it all look beautiful and gothic.
 
 
A close-up of the spiders and flowers.

 
A little spot on the sofa table
 
 
End table, part 1 (and again, no children have tried to kill themselves with that knife...)

 
End table, part 2
 
That's the extent of my crazy! I tend to keep holiday decorations to the main rooms of the house, because it just becomes too much to try and completely re-decorate the Master or the girls' room. Plus, they would destroy those decorations!
 
Happy Halloween (month)!
 

No comments: