Monday, October 6, 2014

ONE MORE MONTH!!!

...And let's be honest, Little Man will probably be here in less than a month - Bella was born on her due date and Evelyn came four days early, so I'm assuming Little Man won't be late. (Lord have mercy if he's late. I don't think my internal organs can handle him growing much larger!)

I look at my calendar for October with a mix of "Ooo! Fun!" and "Holy crap!" Bella has multiple (really fun!) school events this month, I'm hosting two baby showers, we have Steve's Halloween/birthday party, we're spending a week in Florida, and actual Halloween! 

This week, I'm baking two pumpkin pies for the Missions Committee meeting at our house on Thursday, a breakfast casserole to bring to my ladies' Bible study on Wednesday morning, some sort of dessert (haven't decided yet) for Bella's Fall Family Fun Night, and two batches of cupcakes for the baby shower that's happening the week after next. 

When I write it all out, it seems a little insane. I really do know how to say no, I promise - it just seemed like this was the month to get 'er done! Life gets much, much calmer in November! (Minus the whole "you have a newborn" thing.) As for home, I'm working diligently to get the guest room completed before we have post-baby visitors and finish up my random to-do's like packing a bag for the hospital, arranging childcare for the girls, and stay on top of the laundry!
 
I told Steve yesterday, that no matter how ridiculous it sounds, whenever I get this close to my due date with babies, my biggest "fear" becomes having my water break in the middle of big church. I seriously sat in the service yesterday, and mapped out how I would "sneak" (not sure if that would be possible) out of church, while also telling Matt and Caroline to get the girls and alerting Cathy that it was time - all without disrupting the preaching. HA! My water has never broken until I was well into active labor, but I love the things that make me "panic" as I get closer to the due date.
 
Pictures of my belly at 36 weeks...you'll have to excuse the water marks on the mirror - I was taking these in the girls' bathroom, and apparently they thought the faucet was their own water park!
 
 
 
Look how big my belly looks from the front! I need the emoji with the big, round eyes! Wow! (And no, creepy man at church, I'm not having twins.) It's funny how the shape of my stomach will change depending on how Little Man moves. Just....wow. Needless to say, we are ready for him to come out and join the family!
 
And speaking of him coming out, people always say you forget the pain of childbirth, but I have definitely not forgotten. I may not remember the exact level of pain, but I remember being in pain and I remember not being able to talk. I laid in bed last night, and told Steve that I think being this uncomfortable has earned me an epidural. :) Like a very wise and sweet husband, he replied, "You can have whatever you want."
 
I kind of like that being pregnant gives you permission to be irrational. I get to voice all of my crazy little fears or my weird dreams, and people just smile sweetly, like they're thinking, "Oh, look at the little hormonal, crazy, pregnant lady."

 

No comments: