Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall Fun And Florida Bound

Bella's school hosted their annual Fall Family Fun Night on Thursday. We had a really good time and the night was a huge fundraising success for the school, but unfortunately, we only had about 30 minutes or so to enjoy it.

The Missions Committee at church was meeting at our house at 7:00, so we packed as much as could into about 30 or 40 minutes, and promised the girls a slice of pumpkin pie when they got home!

We started out with the Merry-Go-Round...Bella was hoping to ride with me, but they had restrictions for pregnant women, so Evelyn tagged along instead. Bella wasn't so thrilled once the ride got started, but Evelyn's face was priceless! She had the best smile going on the entire time and was ecstatic to be allowed on the "big kid" ride! 


Bella and I - before the nice young man told me that pregnant women weren't allowed after all.


I love how Evelyn's cowgirl boots are spread wide and she's grinning like crazy!

Bella was in a much better mood once the ride stopped moving, and we headed to the photo booth next! 


Excuse the blurry photo...it was a blast!

The girls loved the letting zoo, too! (I mean, come on, it's pretty much Bella's Mecca!)


Meeting the llama...and I kind of loved that the llama was grazing on our church's landscaping. 


Bella, Evelyn (her arm, at least), and Bella's classmate, Faith, petting the miniature pony. I think the pony was Bella's favorite!

We had a great night as a family, and the next day (last Friday), we jumped into the car to head to Florida!


Steve has an exam down in Tampa this week, so we headed down to my parents' house for one last visit before Little Man makes his arrival. 

P.S. How do you feel about "Cash" as a middle name? Steve loves Johnny Cash's music (Who doesn't? He's awesome.), and I love Cash's story...the whole "his life was a complete and utter disaster, and he was still redeemed by Christ". I think my preference would still be Wilder, but it's kind of our tradition to let Steve pick the middle name. I think, for now, Wilder is off the table, and we're going back and forth between Cash and Caleb. Seeing my parents' faces when we first brought up "Cash" was a bit of a chuckle, but I think they're warming up to it. Now, if I can get my dad to stop referring to Little Man as "Hank", we'll be good. ('Cause just...no.)

Florida pictures to follow soon!


No comments: