Sunday, May 18, 2014

Trey And Whitney's Open House

Yesterday was the open house that we hosted for Sapps. It was a long day, but is was soooooo good! Going into it, I was nervous that either extreme would happen - either only 5 people would show up or about 200 would! 

It ended up being perfectly in the middle! The event was 6 hours, but it went quickly! So many wonderful women volunteered to help with food, and the spread was incredible! We had a large, steady flow of people all day long, and we had plenty of good for everyone! 

Our friend, Nicole, helped me plan everything and I just couldn't have asked for a better showing of love and blessings for Trey and Whitney. We had people from all different ages who had come into contact with the Sapps in a large variety of ways. I was also so thankful that our Pastor showed up to offer his support.

All of the kids played so well together throughout the day, and the little humans got their fill of sugar with all of the delicious food that was right at their fingertips. Morgan took pictures all day, but I only have one so far. I'll add a couple of people as soon as I get them. 

I'm so thankful that Trey and Whitney were able to see a true outpouring of all of the lives they have impacted in Georgia before they leave for Idaho. 


Just the "first round" of all the delicious food that everyone contributed! Of the many things that I've come to love and understand about the South, one of my favorites is that Southern women know how to cook! Food is how they love and how they serve. If you ask them to bring one dish, they show up with three. It was such a wonderful blessing for me to have these wonderful ladies volunteer before I even had a chance to ask! 

It was a great day!

No comments: