Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Well, in my case I just might be lost, but I've still had a lot of good opportunities to wander around New York. 

This morning began with a snowstorm, so I decided to wait to visit the Brooklyn Bridge until tomorrow when the weather calms down. 

Here are some pictures of some places we've wandered this week...


Widow shopping in SOHO yesterday 


Christmas decorations are everywhere! We haven't been to Macy's or Rockefeller Center yet, but I can't wait to see what they have in store!


The Hershey's store in Times Square


Emily and I at a bakery in SOHO


The view from our room last night. Isn't it beautiful?


Walking past old churches and great little neighborhoods on our way to meet Steve and Mike for lunch today.


So many great old buildings with "normal" stores and shops inside. New York would be such a great city to live in! Not for the rest of my life maybe, but it would be incredible!


Love all of the huge wreaths!


Harry's Italian Bar for pizza with Steve today


I found Trinity Church on Wall Street today. It was beautiful! I got to walk in and sit in a pew for a few minutes. 


The inside was so peaceful. I love that churches in the city stay open all day.

No comments: