Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Eve

We've been attending Eastside for almost six years, and this is the first time we've gotten to be a part of the Christmas Eve services there. I was so excited! With all of the travel and family and projects going on throughout the end of November and all of December, I was not doing a good job of staying focused on the real meaning of Christmas. This service was just what I needed to pause and remember.

 It was a "family service", so we got to keep the girls with us. I think that was my favorite part! I had to take Evelyn out at the very end, but it was so special to have both girls with us while singing Christmas carols and sitting with our family and friends.
 
 
Evelyn and Daddy, holding hands in the backseat. Our "fancy family" pictures are on mom's computer, so this is all I have.
 

Part of the service included bringing the kids on stage to hear a story. Bella is in the red dress on the right. She was fantastic! We were sitting in the second row, so she kept turning around and waving to us. When Denise asked what the kids were going to give Jesus for Christmas, Bella raised her hand and said, "My toys. But just one. Not all of them." I think we're really getting through to her.

 
The extra awesomeness of being home for Christmas for the first time is that we got to enjoy all of our special moments with the Sapps! Here we all are after the service - Madeline was freezing and Charli was done with the entire process, but we captured our families on camera!

 
Whitney and I in our finery! We were both a little giddy to be together for Christmas this year!
 
 
Back at home and in our matching, Christmas PJ's. One of the traditions we've started as a family is to open a new game on Christmas Eve and play together! This year was Hungry, Hungry Hippos!
 
 
They loved it! Mostly because it's loud and crazy, and it was so much fun!
 
 
Papa and Mimi taking their turn
 
 
Ready for bed and excited about Santa!!!

No comments: