Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cowboy Boots, Dirt, and Cool Whip

I'll write about Grandpa's memorial service at some point, but first, I had to include some quick, joyous moments with the girls! Not just Steve and I, the entire family has enjoyed the wonderful (sometimes exhausting) distraction that comes from having a four-year old and one-year old running around. They have brought me so many smiles this weekend!
 
 
On Thursday, my (amazing, crazy, sacrificial, incredible) friend Emily offered to take the girls for a huge chunk of the day while I "packed and cleaned" before we went to Florida. I promise, that was my plan. Instead of actually cleaning, I remembered that Steve had bought me a massage for Mother's Day that I had never used (yep, back in May), so I got to get a massage and then go get my hair done while Emily watched four kids. Bella got to tag along to Ally's ballet class where this amazing picture took place.
 
The ironic part of this picture is that I can so rarely get Bella to ever pose for pictures when I want her to, but of course, she posed perfectly for Emily while Em was going crazy that her daughter, Ally, wouldn't make eye contact with the camera. I still think Ally looks stinkin' adorable in her tutu and patent leath shoes. And look at her little ballet bag with polka dots on it!
 
 
The girls with Miss Lisa. Lisa gives them little stick-on earrings and sprays purple glitter in their hair so it's "fancy". How cute is that! And one last P.S. I think Bella may have her cowboy boots on the wrong feet. We are a stylin' family!
 

When Steve's parents were here last week, we let Evelyn play in one of my potted plants and may have forgotten about her briefly. And then this happened...she looks like one of Shrek's offspring. 


 There's really no reason to put two pictures, except that her little lips are puckered and she looks adorable. I'm loving the pigtails, even when they're uneven!

 
At Papa and Mimi's this weekend, Bella experienced the joy of having Cool Whip sprayed directly into your mouth. It's a good day for everyone!
 
I just had to remember these cute little moments that have happend during the last week. Details of Grandpa's memorial service coming soon!


1 comment:

Julie Clark said...

Katie, you made me smile and laugh out loud this Monday morning! LOVE all those pictures!!