Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Back On The Wagon

This is the first post that I'm writing entirely from my phone. And since autocorrect just tried to change the word "phone" to "hooey", I may regret this.  We are in desperate need to get back on the wagon in this house! My two biggest areas are school and food. When everything with Lily happened in late-August, the rest of my schedules and normal ways went out the door. Not in some tragic, crazy way, there was just so much going on. People we're bringing dinners, family was here - our normal routines we're definitely not in place.

It's a month later, but I finally feel like I'm getting back to normal with having some sort of schedule in place. I've completely forgotten about gymnastics class for two weeks in a row, which means for an eight-week class (that it took me two months to save for), Bella has already missed it 3 times. She really enjoys it when I actually remember to take her, so I'm going to at least finish out the last two weeks (I think there's two; honestly, I have no clue, so I need to call them.).

In school, we are moving on to the letter "I". We have been babysitting these first two days, and the girls will be with a babysitter for a big portion of the morning tomorrow, so we'll either do a few activities on Thursday and Friday, or wait until next week. I'm so thankful I decided to this whole "home" thing for preschool and not first grade - it would have killed me!

Ah, dinnertime. We have been having way too many "special treats" of Coke and fries this month, and spent way too many nights eating at the counter instead of the dining room table. I don't know about anyone else, but I love eating at the table in the dining room! There's just something that feels cozy about sitting all together with the girls (okay, Bella) telling Steve about their day. Between fast food snacking, sucking on my budget lately, and crazy schedules, I haven't done a great job of having healthy meals and snacks planned. 

This week was my redemption! I made whole-wheat cranberry orange muffins (from scratch!) for Steve to take to work for breakfast and planned out a week of dinners from meat that was in the freezer. It feels really good to have meals planned again and not just look at Steve when he walks in the door like, "Welp, whaddya feel like? Spaghetti again or grilled cheese again?"  Not that there's anything wrong with those two; they're just better when they're not thrown together in 10 minutes. 

So, deep breath! There you go! Hoping I can continue this energy kick and stay motivated! Wait until you see pictures of the house and Halloween decorations for the party I'm throwing for Steve's birthday! I'm way more excited about it than he is!

No comments: