Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

We are not football fans. We are not sports fans. I know the big names involved in MMA fighting and the X-Games, but that's it. And when I say "big names", I mean the top one or two guys that probably the average person could also name. So deciding to host a Super Bowl party was really just an excuse to have people over.

Since all of our friends know we're not sports fans, we kind of assumed that most people would end up going to a party that involved some crazy cheering and people who at least knew the names of the two quarterbacks. Apparently, we have a lot of people in our Sunday School class who also don't care about football! What we thought would be half a dozen people ended up being about 30!

We had an absolute blast! We ate too much dip, cheered when Trey cheered (true story), and got to hang out with a ton of cool people. Beyonce's halftime show was a mix of emotions...I will admit that I just think she has crazy talent. The show was very impressive, but I found it weirdly awkward to know that 15 guys from our Sunday School class were also having to watch her choice of clothing and her dance moves. I was thinking this while also marveling at her ability to move her hips that quickly and wondering if Mel and I could teach ourselves those moves. (Way to take the moral high ground, Kate!)


Ellen, Clark, and Rhea Adkins, Whitney, and Heather Phillips. Mr. and Mrs. Adkins are some of my new favorite people! I love that they are in our class along with their two grown girls. They bring a lot of godly wisdom and experience to our group.


 Watching football, corralling kids, and talking.


Melissa and I were sitting right next to the TV, which made us feel super-special anytime someone cheered!


Getting to catch up with Melissa...I don't think she's been to the house since Bella's second birthday, so it was great to sit and catch up with her!

Trey and some of the other guys were still there went I went to bed. Thankfully, Steve decided to tough it out and stay up for the whole thing!Go Ravens!

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

Sounds like your awkwardness was the same as our awkwardness while watching the Super Bowl with our church small group:) Although we left at halftime and didn't watch the show, but some of the commercials were awkward enough even without the halftime show!